Section 185 Agreement Thames Water

The sewage disposal system, that is, the network of underground pipes that transports wastewater (wastewater and excrement), other wastewater and surface water from land to treatment plants or other disposal sites, is called sewers. This may be possible under Article 185 of the Water Management Act. Please respect the following agreement, which must be submitted with the Minor Deviation Request Form. If you wish to pay by credit/debit card, please complete section F of the application form. They are asked to provide the name and contact telephone number of the cardholder. One of our employees will contact you within six business days to receive payment. Each pipe that serves more than one piece of land and is connected to our network is a public sewer, and all construction work within a three-metre radius of a public sewer requires a build-over agreement from Thames Water. For all applications, details of the transverse foundation arrangement must be submitted so that we can check the depth of the foundations with the depth of the canal. The aim is to ensure that sewers are not polluted. Public sewers can be there to set up a sewage disposal network, which is called a rotten sewer, which absorbs flows from bathrooms, kitchens, etc. Public sewers can also absorb rainwater flows from roofs and engines, called surface water channels.

The construction of a public sewer requires the authorization of the sanitation company. Failure to obtain an authorization may lead to the retention of a certificate of completion of the construction right. For more information, see: Prevent sewers from collapsing. The extra weight of a new building over a sewer could lead to sewer collapse, which could cause structural damage to the new building, interrupted drainage from other lots, and sewage flooding. In these cases, the sewers need to be repaired quickly, which may involve the dismantling of the building. Developers interested in a country containing public sewers may request the transfer of the sewers so that development work can proceed in accordance with section 185 of the Water Industry Act 1991. Often you can do the bypass work yourself, but sometimes we have to do it – for example, when it comes to a strategic sewage disposal channel. In any case, fees are in progress. If you need a variety, you should apply via the button below and we advise you on the next steps….

Comments are closed.